As a member of Sullivan Mahoney’s Municipal Law Group, Tom’s practice is focused on municipal, land use and civil litigation matters. Tom appears regularly before various courts and administrative tribunals throughout the Province, including the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT).
Tom has significant experience in development-related appeals before the OLT, having acted for a number of local municipalities, developers and private citizens, in all phases of the development process. Tom also has experience in the prosecution of Provincial Offences matters as well as in criminal and quasi-criminal proceedings, having acted for various municipalities and as a part-time Crown Attorney for the Ministry of the Attorney General.
Tom’s civil litigation practice is concentrated on commercial and municipal-related matters, but he also has experience in collections, contractual and insurance-related litigation, as well as injunction proceedings.
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar – 1990
- LL.B, Queen’s University – 1988
- B.A. (Honours), Brock University with one year of the degree completed at the University of Vermont – 1985
- Member – Law Society of Ontario
- Member – Welland County and Lincoln County Law Associations
- Director – John Howard Society of Niagara