Joseph manages a busy litigation practice. His work is focused on resolving complex commercial and construction claims and disputes. He is a Certified Specialist in Construction Law by the Law Society of Ontario (LSO).
Joseph is the immediate past Managing Partner of the firm. He practices construction and corporate-commercial law, with emphasis on litigation and resolution of business and shareholder disputes, security enforcement, contractual rights and remedies, construction liens and bond/surety claims. He has appeared in all courts in Ontario and also advocates and represents clients in mediation and arbitration. He provides timely, effective advice and service to individual, corporate and institutional clients, including owners, project lenders, contractors, trades and suppliers.
- LSO Certified Specialist (Construction Law) – 2000
- Admitted to Law Society of Ontario – 1982
- J.D. (1980), M.B.A. (1979), B.Sc. (1974), University of Manitoba
- Member – Canadian Bar Association
- Member – Ontario Bar Association: Business Law Section; Construction Law Section, Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) Section
- Member – ADR Institute of Ontario
- Past Executive – OBA Construction Law Section
- Founding and former Member – Construction Law Specialty Committee, LSO
- Member – Lincoln County (Niagara) Law Association
- Member and Past President – Niagara Construction Association
- Member, Former Director and Past President – St. Catharines Golf & Country Club
- Past Guest Lecturer in Construction Technology program at Niagara College
- Presented papers to LCLA and local construction industry
- Mentor to junior lawyers in the firm