Italia received her B.A. (Hons.) in Political Science and French from McMaster University in 1987 and studied common law exclusively in French at L’Université de Moncton, graduating in 1990 with her LL.B. She was called to the Bar of the Law Society of Upper Canada in 1992.
As a tenacious lawyer, and being fluent in English, Italian and French, Italia is well respected by the business community in the Niagara Region, and in particular, by the hospitality industry. She has extensive experience with complex land use matters and has been instrumental in obtaining Zoning By-law Amendment and Official Plan Amendment approvals for many of the high-rise hotels and other tourist commercial related establishments built in Niagara Falls during the last twenty-five years.
Italia’s practice focuses mainly on corporate and commercial law, real estate law, finance, municipal, land use planning and development law, estate planning and estates. She also acts for numerous large financial institutions in commercial loan transactions. She is a regular attendant before Committees of Adjustment and Municipal Councils.
In 2011, Italia was designated Female Business Person of the Year by CIBPA Niagara.
- Admitted to Bar of the Law Society of Upper Canada – 1992
- LL.B., L’Université de Moncton – 1990
- B.A. (Hons.) in Political Science and French, McMaster University – 1987
- Member – Law Society of Ontario
- Member – Ontario Bar Association, a branch of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member – Welland County Law Association
- Member – Lincoln County Law Association
- Member – Niagara Falls Bar Association
- Past Secretary-Treasurer of the Niagara Falls Bar Association
- Past Director of the Greater Niagara General Hospital Foundation
- Past Director of the Regional Niagara Health Board Council
- Past Director of Club Italia (Order of Sons and Daughters of Italy)
- Past Commissioner of the Niagara Parks Commission
- Past Director of Project Share (Niagara)