Bruce Macdonald was called to the Bar in 1986 and is a member of the Litigation and Wills and Estates Groups. He has a diversified litigation practice that includes family, criminal and civil litigation with a focus on client needs and objectives. By canvassing all methods of dispute resolution, clients receive practical advice and cost effective representation.
Bruce’s family law practice involves the preparation and negotiation of cohabitation and marriage contracts as well as the negotiation and litigation of all issues arising from marriage and relationship breakdown, including custody, access, support and the division of property.
Bruce defends and advises clients on criminal matters and acts for both corporations and individuals. Bruce’s civil litigation practice includes litigating commercial, insolvency, real estate, estate and trust matters.
As a member of the Wills and Estates Group, Bruce advises clients on the preparation of wills and powers of attorney, estate administration, executorship, and related dispute resolution.
- Admitted to the Bar – 1986
- LL.B, University of Western Ontario – 1984
- B.A. (Economics), University of Western Ontario – 1981
- Law Society of Ontario
- Lincoln County Law Association
- Past Vice President, Canadian Henley Rowing Corporation
- Organizing Committee, FISA 2010 World Rowing Masters Regatta, 2024 Rowing World Championships
- Past Executive Board Member – Lincoln County Law Association
- Volunteer Committee Chair – Royal Canadian Henley Regatta (2006 – Present)
- Past Board Member, Distress Centre of Niagara
- Director, St. Catharines World Rowing